I'm trying to figure out what I want out of version control. Think of it as a requirements list, although I'd probably consider it more of a list of the different things you would want to do with a version control system.
- < 10 developers
- easy branching
- push patches "sideways" without going through the trunk
- atomic changes
- tags (ideally, of anything)
- pre-commit and post-commit hooks
- do we care about chunked update, where only some of the changes in a file are committed?
- the result of simultaneous commits is unspecified due to the server not locking during write
- no atomic commits
- moving a file can cause its history to disappear